Benefits of hiring a local fly fishing guide
Once you make the decision to head to the extraordinary waters of the Whiteface Region for a fly fishing trip, it's time to begin thinking about your itinerary. In the Whiteface Region, guide services are one of our specialties and an ideal way to make your fishing adventure the best it can be! Whether you're casting into one of our lakes or fishing the legendary Au Sable River, hiring a guide can help you feel like a pro.
Many use a guide service to better familiarize themselves with the area, this includes both beginners and experienced anglers. If you are new to the sport and do not have any gear but want to try fly-fishing, this may also be a great option for you. Maybe you are already an avid fly-fisherman who has never used a guide service and are wondering where to start.
Questions to consider when hiring a guide:
- What level of experience do I need?
- How much does it cost for ½ or full day?
- Which rivers and lakes do you guide in?
- What services would you recommend based on my experience level, skill, and physical ability?
- What types of water do you fish, still or moving?
- Is it in boat or wading?
- What do I need to bring? Can I rent equipment if I need to?
- Where do we meet?
- How long is the trip?
- How many can come if I have a group?
- I have kids. Can they go?
These questions should help set up a guiding experience tailored for you. As you speak with the shop agent or guide, more questions may develop. You can rest assured they are there to help and answer questions. Their goal is for you to experience an amazing trip!