This wooden Howe truss covered bridge spans 175 feet over the East Branch Ausable River in Jay. It was constructed in 1857, completely restored in 2007, and is the sole remaining bridge of its kind in the Adirondacks.

It is now part of Douglas Memorial Park complex with picnic tables, covered pavilion, and benches throughout, giving incredible views of the river, with amazing opportunities for swimming and photos.

Accessibility Information