Adirondack Traveler Information
We look forward to welcoming you to the Whiteface Region and are committed to ensuring that every experience is the best and safest it can be.
The safety of our residents and travelers is always our top priority. Please do your part for yourself and family by reviewing the following travel tips and important information before heading out.
Do your part - play it safe!
It is important that all residents and visitors continue to observe safe practices.
- Face masks
- Please be respectful. All Adirondack businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask that covers their mouth and nose.
- Come vaccinated, thank you.
- Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to contract and spread COVID-19. If eligible, visitors should schedule their booster dose prior to travel to better protect themselves and the communities they visit.
- If you are unvaccinated, please wear a mask indoors and maintain social distance.
- Monitor symptoms
- If any symptoms develop, travelers must immediately self-isolate and contact the local public health authority or their healthcare provider to determine if they should seek testing. If you are not feeling well, please stay home and rest.
Plan before you go
To ensure you have the most up-to-date information, it is important to check directly with the specific restaurant, lodging property, attraction, etc., that you want to visit. Please note that many of our area attractions are requiring advanced ticket purchasing and reservations.
Be prepared in the backcountry
It is important to remember to show love and care for this amazing natural wonderland. Going on an all day adventure? Remember to pack the right gear. Going somewhere new? Prepare by doing plenty of research before you go, and familiarize yourself with the map and weather. This is the perfect time to learn about Leave No Trace and take the Love Your ADK pledge. You can help preserve our wild spaces for generations.
Kindness is the Adirondack way
The world is understaffed, and so are we. Please be patient with all of those who are working hard to provide the welcoming, laid-back experience the Adirondacks are so well known for. Remember, kindness can move mountains.
- Check out the region "Insider" emails to see what businesses are offering:
- New York State Department of Health (COVID-19) Information
- Essex County Department of Health