Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
A challenge awaits!
We are pleased to announce the Whiteface Uphill Bike Race is going on as scheduled on Saturday, June 4th at 5:30pm. Please note the following changes to the event:
- The race is now approx. 3 miles shorter. We will not be starting at the ski center. The start will be in the middle of Wilmington at the Visitors Bureau, 5753 NYS RT 86 Wilmington NY.
- Packet Pick up and parking will be from 3:00-4:30 pm at the Preston Festival Field, 1135 Springfield Rd Wilmington NY.
- Packet will include your bib, t-shirt, race medal.
- There will NOT be a bag drop vehicle this year. If you desire a change of clothes for the top, you will need to carry a small pack or make other arrangements.
- This year we will use a timing mat and will do a rolling start instead of a mass start.
- Participants are asked to cross the finish line and continue back down the mountain. There will be grab and go Gatorade and snack at the top.
- NO spectators this year. If you don’t feel comfortable riding your bike back down, you may have someone meet you at the top. We will sell “transport” passes at registration for $10 per person. Your driver will meet you at the top of the mountain.
- Masks must be worn at registration; race start and at the finish line. While on course, you may remove your mask
- Results will be posted online at www.Auyertiming.com
- For further questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-946-2255
If you like a challenge, this is the course for you. This USATF certified course covers 8 miles over an 8 percent grade up Whiteface Mountain's scenic Veteran's Memorial Highway. Whiteface Mountain is New York's fifth highest peak with 360 degree panoramic views of the Adirondacks, New England, and Montreal.
Uphill Bike Race rules
Helmets are required.
Each participant is responsible for their own transportation down the mountain at the close of the race. Riding back down is at your own risk, following pacing marshals. A minimum of two brakes is required.
Bug repellent and warm clothing for the summit are recommended.
Entrants are responsible for their own fluid needs during the race. No aid stations will be provided along the route. Fruit, snacks, and beverages will be served at the finish line. A meal voucher for local restaurants will be provided as a post race meal option. This is included in the race fee.
To order photography of the race, check out Pat Hendrick Photography.