Whiteface Region Traveler Information
We look forward to welcoming you back to our naturally beautiful region when the time is right is for you to travel comfortably and to enjoy the offerings in the Whiteface Region. Although some businesses are open, we encourage all travelers to carefully research their options, be aware of what is open and what is not, and above all, to continue to practice safety measures.
The safety of our travelers and residents is our highest priority and we are committed to ensuring that every experience in the Adirondacks is the best it can be. We want you to have the resources and most up-to-date information so that you can make informed travel decisions.
TRAVEL ADVISORY - Please note New York State, New Jersey, and Connecticut have implemented a tri-state travel advisory that requires any individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID-19 to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. More information on the advisory, including the daily updated list of which states the travel advisory applies to, can be found on the COVID-19 travel advisory page.
Know Before You Go
The Whiteface Region — along with the rest of the Adirondacks — is currently in Phase 4 of reopening.
- What is currently open:
- High Falls Gorge
- The Whiteface Veterans' Memorial Highway (with limitations)
- Cloundsplitter Gondola Rides at Whiteface Mountain
- Adirondack Wildlife Refuge
- Lodging properties and campgrounds - please check with individual campgrounds for specific operating information as not all properties are currently open
- Retail shops
- Restaurants are serving at limited capacities. Please be patient, plan accordingly, and have a backup plan.
- Salons and barbershops, spas, massage therapy, nail salons, tanning and waxing
- Public beaches and playgrounds
- Attractions, museums, and historic sites - most venues are requiring reservations and/or purchasing tickets in advance.
- Check out the Whiteface Region Insider for the latest information on business offerings and other important information and opportunities.
- What is still closed:
- Santa's Workshop
- See trail closures and other outdoor notices
- If you are hoping to visit a specific restaurant, retail shop, campground, or other location, please be sure to call the business directly to determine hours and if the business is open.
Please follow guidelines
- Despite the gradual reopening of businesses, it is important that all residents and visitors continue to observe safe practices. We truly appreciate your help by taking these simple measures.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth in public areas where you are not more than six feet away from others.
- Respect capacity limits at businesses
Leave No Trace and #LoveYourADK
As we begin to explore the Whiteface Region and the amazing scenery and destinations in it, it's important to remember to show love and care for the great outdoors. Getting take out from a local restaurant? Be sure to recycle the packaging! Enjoying a campfire? Keep it in a fire ring! This is a great time to take the Love Your ADK pledge and help preserve our wild spaces for generations.
Kindness is the Adirondack Way
None of this can be done alone. No matter where we live, work, or play, we're all in this together. Let's remember to be kind to each other and send virtual hugs. We'll be better for it in the end.
Thank you for staying safe, and staying inspired!