July 20, 2019: VK, start time 10:00 a.m.
July 20, 2019: Kids Sky Climber, start time 11:00 a.m.
July 21, 2019: Sky Race, start time 08:00 a.m.
July 21, 2019: Sky Race Relay, start time, 08:30 a.m.
July 21, 2019: Marshak’s Mountain Race, start time, 09:00 a.m.
Connect and Updates:
Entry fee includes the event, gondola back down for the VK, some sort of small finisher's item, and post-race food. Race schwag, per the request of half the field, is not included and can be purchased as an add-on or via the Atayne race store.
Entry Fees: Vertical K; Kids Sky Climber; Sky Race; SR Relay; MMR (in order)
1/15/19 – 7/18/19, prices for races will be: $45; $15; $85; $150; $55
Raceday, prices for races will be: $55; $15; $95; $180; $65
Whiteface sits on more true vertical gain than all but 14 other ski resorts in North America and more than any resort east of the Rockies. From its sharp and exposed form to an entrance lined with the rings and flags of the world telling of its place in past and current Olympic activity, Whiteface is iconic. Whether you're keen on throwing down with some of the best mountain runners in the world for US Sky Running points, or whether you're just up for a beautiful weekend in the ADK's, the resort and the town of Wilmington will provide the pitch perfect venue for an amazing weekend of hard efforts, awesome experiences, and the wonderful community which defines the best in trail running. Red Newt Racing, Whiteface Mountain, and the town of Wilmington are stoked to have you.
Saturday will provide entrants the brilliant opportunity to redline while hiking…i.e. it's pretty steep. All of it. Be sure to take a moment to stop, look up toward some of the best mountain runners in the world shuffling forward to the finish, back toward fellow entrants of all ages, shapes, and sizes moving toward the summit, and around at the brilliant Adirondack Peaks enveloping you. You don't get any of those sites often so soak it up. Weather conditions permitting. We’ll have post-race festivities with food and awards at the summit and encourage all entrants to stick around and get loud for every last finisher. Collectively let’s bring some European energy to the top of Whiteface.
Saturday will also offer (weather/gondola permitting) a kids Sky Climber race. Entrants will be accompanied up the gondola by their parents to the start below the last pitch of the adult VK. With or without their parents they’ll follow the VK line to the summit finish.
Sunday will provide two of the steepest alpine loops you'll find anywhere, in any country, interspersed with a recovery roller loop. Your legs will be pretty thrashed, your lungs pretty worked, but you'll have completed a pretty incredible feat. For the course, entrants will have three options:
- 25k solo SkyRace which entails 1 alpine loop, a flume loop, and another alpine loop.
- New this year will be Marshak’s Memorial Mountain Race, a single quad and lung crushing alpine loop 8k, and in tribute to Nick Marshak who passed away during the 2018 Sky Race running. $5 from each entry in 2019 will go toward a fund that his family feels aligned most with Nick.
- 3-Person 25k relay option with exchange points at the base Aid Station (team member 1 is on Alpine, 2 is on Flume, 3 is on Alpine).
EVENTS - 2019
- Apr 13, 2019: Breakneck Point Trail Runs, Beacon, NY
- May 11, 2019: Iron Mines, Ringwood, NJ
- Jun 1, 2019: Cayuga Trails, Ithaca, NY
- Jun 15, 2019: Gorges Ithaca Half Marathon, Ithaca, NY
- Jul 20, 2019: Whiteface VK, Wilmington, NY
- Jul 21, 2019: Whiteface Sky Race, Wilmington, NY
- Jul 27, 2019: Lucifer's Crossing, Ithaca, NY
- Sep 7, 2019: Water Gap 50k, Milford, PA