Fly Fishing in The Ausable Two Fly Challenge
16th Annual Ausable River 2 Fly Challenge - May 15 & 16, 2015
Founded to celebrate the joy of fishing, spirit of sportsmanship, preservation of the Ausable River and Natural Wonders of the Whiteface Region. The Ausable River Two Fly Challenge starts at noon on Friday when anglers check-in and receive their fishing packet. Then it’s off to fish for the weekend.
Part of The Line up
Join us for our Fly Tyer’s Reception where you can share your day’s experiences on the river while learning new skills from talented Tyers. Saturday morning check-in followed by another exciting day of fishing on the beautiful Ausable River. Then finish your weekend Saturday Evening with a banquet complete with Prizes, Raffles, and a presentation from our special guest speaker. Official Rules will be sent with your
- 10:30am - Noon - Registration/info pickup at the Whiteface Business & Tourism Center
- 12:00 Noon - Competition begins
- 6:00pm - Back this year: Enter our casting competition at Whiteface (proceeds to benefit Francis Betters Memorial Statue)
- 7:00pm - Fly Tyers Reception at Whiteface Mountain Ski Center Cloudspin Lounge (Bar will open at 5:00pm)
- 7:00 - 9:00pm - Fly Tyers demostrations
- 7:00 - 9:00pm - Live music by Seth Warden Duo
- 8:00pm Fishing scorecards must be turned into Michelle or Brigette at Cloudspin
- 6:30 - 7:30am - Pick up new score card at the Ausable River Two-Fly Shop or The Hungry Trout Fly Shop
- 7:00am - Fishing begins
- 4:30pm - Contest ends
- 5:00pm - Fishing scorecards must be turned in to Ausable River Two-Fly Shop
- 6:00pm - Dinner, raffle, prizes, and guest speaker, Curt Stager & Leanne Ketner at Whiteface Mountain Ski Area Cloudspin Lounge (bar will open at 5:00pm)
- 2 days of fishing competition
- Competitor Shirt
- Two-Fly Banquet
- Special collector's gift and more
Download your 2015 application form here.
Book your room with one of our sponsors and register early!
2015 Sponsors Included:
Mountain Brook Lodge
Wildwood on the Lake
Blue Turtle Healing
In Search of Fly Waters
Stryker's Custom Flies
Adirondack Life Magazine
Mike Foote State Farm
Up A Creek
Rich Redman - Field Forest Stream Habitat Restoration
Craig Wood Golf Course
Hurry up and book now! Summer is short. Don't miss out on an incredible deal! The Adirondack's most scenic and challenging golf courses await you. Call (518) 523-2001 or visit our website www.placidbay.com to book your reservation directly.
Hurry! This is a very popular time for late season golf. Spectacular fall foliage!